The CFO Core Concerns conference is a fascinating one. CFO's have unique challenges to consider both locally and globally. The CFOs at the conference include a wide variety of industries and fields, so there are many different types of companies here. I met a company who has consolidated over 50 logistics companies under one banner, a company who is investigating new ways to deliver online educational content, a company who manufactures tilling and planting farming equipment, a global securities advisor, and many other companies. Josh Bouk from Veramark in Rochester is also here.
Today's conference topics and sessions I'll be attending include a number of more global concerns:
After the initial welcome message from CFO Magazine we'll be hearing from:
- Professor Raghuram Rajan - former Chief Economist of the Monetary fund on the fault lines and cracks in the world economy that continue to represent a threat to global stability in the financial markets.
- Edgar Ancona CFO of HSBC North America on the changing banking landscape and how that affects the global economy
- The cloud and the CFO - How SaaS can help finance achieve it's highest priority. by Mark Blumenthal CFO of Aon Consulting and Ken Brooks of Host analytics
- Secrets to software procurement - how to master the process and avoid the pitfalls - by Randy Roth of Corporate Contracts
- Smart Growth The keys to managing risk and building an enduring business, by author Edward Hess Professor of business administration at the Darden Grad school of business in Virginia